Monday, October 03, 2005

Ok . . . I'm settled. Had a good night's sleep and can write a bit now. San Miguel is turning out to be a very interesting place. It is a town with a ton of charm and it is very easy to lose yourself here. A think a lot of people have come here to escape whatever life they were living before. On any given day you can meet artists, writers and hollywood sports agents. They all seem to agree that they have found a secret place . . . I am starting to believe them! I had planned to spend two months here as part of some time off from work. It has been a month and all the planned thinking about life (and my place in it) hasn't happened yet. Too easy to relax. Between the art classes, spanish lessons and the celebrations . . . I'm much too busy. Maybe I will get started in month number two!

A couple words about celebration. San Miguel is known as a town that loves to celebrate . . . anytime, for any reason. Coincidently, September is THE month for events. Every weekend people pour into the jardin (the main square) for fireworks (oh, wait till you hear about the fireworks!) dancing and music.

Have a great day!

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave -
Hola! Congrats on the blog! Can't wait to hear/see more. I understand that it is not the art classes that is keeping you busy (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

L'shana Tova to you and enjoy the big New Year's celebration in the jardin!

Keith

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger BegDirect said...

Hi there Tono!

Thanks for the email! I would be happy to share anything and everything about San Miguel . . . it is a great place! In fact, let's make a deal. I'll share what I know about San Miguel if you will share your publishing expereinces. One of the things I'm trying to do here is finish a book. I will write you at your real address to continue our conversation.

Have a great day!

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home